Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Thu Jan 10, 2002  8:23 am
Subject:  Re: Foreign Accent query

Nomi,

> Does the native accent of a person affect how a singing technique or
> exercise might work?

I'm not sure, but I think the answer is yes. My teacher has told me
several times that I, as a native German speaker, will have an easier
time with certain aspects of my vocal production than a native English
speaker because of the way I produce my vowels and sound in general.

It's plausible that different 'native' vowel and voice production could
also affects how well an exercise might work for singers. I'm curious
to see what the more experienced singers and teachers will have to say
on this one.

Cheers,
Ingo