Vocalist.org archive

From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Thu Jan 10, 2002  1:38 am
Subject:  Re: Celebrity and Mortality

>I think you explained, not justified that appreciation. And I'm here
wondering if that wouldn't apply to the >Backstreet Boys ( and all the boys
bands, which the Beatles were the beta-version for ), Madonna, Michael
>Jackson, Eminem, Celine Dion, etc. Or Star Trek and Buffy ( which I enjoy
very much ), when compared to >Woody Allen, Days of our Lives to Discovery
Channel, etc.

>Best wishes,
>
>Caio

The beatles were a beta-version for boy bands? You obviously don't know
their music very well! They were brilliant songwriters who were suspicious
of easy fame, quick money and the easy ride. They have nothing to do with
boy bands, who are largely corporate inventions by record companies.

But then, too much Yngwie Malmsteen will warp one's mind. :)

Mirko

emusic.com