Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Wed Jan 9, 2002  11:17 pm
Subject:  Microphones in recording lower voices...(not the Beatles)

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering something. I have noticed (when I have used mics for
recording) that the further away I get from the mic, the more the lower
frequencies disappear. Also, I have noticed that many of the places I have
sung put recording mics in the middle of the front of the stage. The
standing for the soloist is almost always soprano, alto, tenor, bass, from
the middle out, so that the person singing the lower frequencies is furthest
from the microphone. Seems like this messes up the balance that would be
heard on the recording. Has anyone else ever noticed this, or even cared to
think about it? Am I right in my assumption here that there is a problem
with this? Thanks for any input you might have...

David Grogan
East Texas Baptist University
Marshall, Texas

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16368 Re: Microphones in recording lower voicesJohn Link   Thu  1/10/2002
16383 Re: Microphones in recording lower voicessilvergryphyn   Thu  1/10/2002
16378 Re: Microphones in recording lower voices...(not takooda   Thu  1/10/2002
16416 Re: Microphones in recording lower voices (and hoDré de Man   Fri  1/11/2002

emusic.com