Vocalist.org archive

From:  "oldervoice" <baritone21@h...>
Date:  Wed Jan 9, 2002  11:24 am
Subject:  beatles,pop,rap michmash

Dear Listers,
I receive the messages in a daily digest. It may be beneficial if
some of you were to do the same and then you might see the amount of
time/energy that is being misdirected to our list in an attempt to
prove? that the current thrust of vocal pedagogy is designed to
present the musician as a sociology major.
I save the posts to disk as a personal protection against what
happened to the Vocalist archives. However, today I deleted over 60K
dealing with this pc-cultural-sociological pseudo-intellectual-
grammatical-'my spelling is better than your spelling'- (no, my spell
checker is better than your spellchecker) crap!
Can it be that all the significant information about the beautiful
human voice and it's development for the performance of great and
demanding music has been written. Are we destined to see our Vocalist
become Vocalist/sociologist-very temporary? I hope not.
Read the archives. See the distance we have traveled and note the
voices who seem to be stilled. If the singer and teacher today is
going to be reduced to a pc loving sociologist, I think we are on the
toboggan run now. Do we want to make that run? It's all downhill!
Let's turn it around, Vocalisters!

Ron Zinkel
lurker and lover of SINGING
San Jose, CA.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16331 Re: beatles,pop,rap michmash (plus: moderating)Dré de Man   Wed  1/9/2002
16357 Re: beatles,pop,rap michmashlolipastor@a...   Thu  1/10/2002
16360 Re: beatles,pop,rap michmashMezzoid@a...   Thu  1/10/2002
16453 Re: beatles,pop,rap michmashlolipastor@a...   Sun  1/13/2002
16459 Re: beatles,pop,rap michmashMezzoid@a...   Sun  1/13/2002