Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Tue Jan 8, 2002  10:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Celebrity and Mortality

> > Randy:
> > >
> > > The Beatles revolutionized pop music on a mass level by bringing in
> > > influences and sounds that have never been heard before on such a large
> > > level. There impact and influence can still be heard today. They also
> > were
> > > a very important part of a movement that put the singer/songwriter at the
> >
> > > forefront which is still the benchmark for credibility ... that is why
> > bsb,
> > > etc., don't have any.
> >

> > Randy, again, that's sociological/historical importance, not musical.
> > Hitler was much more influential but I don't see how he could be
> > reverenced.
> >

> Wow, thanks for enlightening. I thought I was (especially in the first part
> of my post) talking about their music. You are so right about this, now I
> too hate them just as you do ... not.

No. You said they revolutionized pop music and I said other artists have mixed
influences too and much more skillfully, and due to their own merits not to
producers who knew music better than they. Revolutionizing pop music is HISTORY.
Doing anything well, be that revolutionary or reactionary, is GOOD MUSIC.

> BTW, the Beatles were never a boy band. Boy bands are contrived creations of
> producer's and managers that don't come together on their own.

Oh... they were never a boy band!!! And they were not a creation of their
producer, who even determined who would be on the band, excluding one of the
original members. And they didn't have wild groupies yelling like histerical
sexless freudian patients? Are you sure we're talking about the same Beatles?

Bye,

Caio

emusic.com