Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Tue Jan 8, 2002  6:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Celebrity and Mortality

As a Beatlemaniac I've been watching this thread with great interest.
I could go on at great length about how the Beatles have been, and
continue to be, inspirational to me, how I love the variety of styles
incorporated in their music, how I love so many of the songs, and how
I love the arrangements, but I know that I'd never change your mind,
Caio. What puzzles me is not that you or anyone else doesn't enjoy
them as much as I do. I'm puzzled instead by how anybody could be so
AGAINST them. I understand how one could have such a feeling about
groups whose message is full of hate, but the Beatles? If nothing
else they were certainly likeable ("wonderful youngsters", according
to Ed Sullivan). So when you say that you DETEST them I am puzzled. I
think I would have a hard time finding a group whose music I detested
(I would save such a strong word for someone like Robert Gallo). So
what is it that you detest?

John Link

Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink (John Link Vocal Quintet)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16286 Re: Celebrity and MortalityJohn Link   Tue  1/8/2002

emusic.com