Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 7, 2002  8:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Celebrity and Mortality

In a message dated 01/07/2002 11:24:52 AM Central Standard Time,
caiorossi@t... writes:

<< I don't see how to "clap clap clap clap"someone who was caught STEALING
someone else's work, but that's, again, "out-of-sync personal references" I
guess.

You missed the point. I "clap clapped" for Karen's response. Harrison wrote
a lot of original stuff beyond MY SWEET LORD and I appreciate his
musicianship. There are a lot of composers who have used existing material
- The Baltimore Choral Arts Society did a concert a few years ago called
"Handel's coming, hide the silver!" which featured music appropriated by GFH.
Lloyd Webber took "Music from the night" right out of the love duet from LA
FANCIULLA DEL WEST.

I'm not going to convince you, you're not going to convince me. Shall we
just agree to disagree? Just because I like the Beatles and you don't
doesn't mean that one of us is right or that one of us is narrow-minded,
mean-spirited or hostile. It doesn't mean that at all. We just have a
difference of opinion.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com