Vocalist.org archive

From:  MFoxy9795@a...
Date:  Sun Jan 6, 2002  6:15 pm
Subject:  Belated thanks

Belated thanks to the half dozen of you on this list, including Karen who
faxed a piece, and on the pipechat list who responded to my request for
soprano solos. The choir ended up doing the hymn tune Chartres (Episcopal
1940 hymnal, #50) today with the second verse a cappella, which i think was
suggested by two different people on the pipechat list. unfortunately i
didn't have the chance to dig out any organ music based on it. (there is a
piece by Franck, for one thing, that i am sure uses that tune - it is called
Offertoire for Midnight Mass). There was a Haydn piece (Benedictus from one
of the masses) she wanted to do which I thought was going to be too involved
at first, but it turns out she can do it fine.
Merry

emusic.com