Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 4, 2002  11:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] different length

dre,

i agree she (karneus) does seem to have an easy range and, is clearly a
good singer and, much preferable to otter (at least, in the sample).

the slight shrillness i hear, on a few of the notes, is the type of
shrillness i have heard live, not the type a stereo would cause. it may
even be something you like about her voice. unless we're both listening to
the same source, it's probably silly to get into a big discussion about it.

concerning the asymmetry of her vocal folds, i'm really suspicious about
that. experiments done with larynges of cadavers are known to produce
sounds that we would not recognize as human. so, clearly her sound is due
more to her ability to manipulate her vocal tract and not due to her folds, i
would guess.

still, i would be curious to know further.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16226 Re: different lengthJennifer Sherley   Sat  1/5/2002
16227 Re: different lengthIan Belsey   Sat  1/5/2002

emusic.com