Vocalist.org archive

From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Fri Jan 4, 2002  10:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] question about fund-raising...

Here's an idea that raises great funds for a local
company I know:

Sell space in your written program. Set a price for
the different size ads (1/4 page, 1/2 page, full
page). Write a nice letter about the company, what
the program will look like, who and how many people
you expect in the audience, etc. Take it with you
when you talk to people you know personally who own
businesses or can get to decision makers and offer
them this "advertising" which, I believe, can be
considered a donation for tax purposes.

Also, look in your local "major" company's program for
donors - this may give you some ideas about who to
contact.