Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kathryn Thickstun Leff" <ktleff@h...>
Date:  Fri Jan 4, 2002  9:14 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] question about fund-raising...

I think professional fundraisers (I'm not one.) would tell you the best way
to raise funds is to ask for money directly and not spend the time, money,
and energy on fundraising events. You don't have much time. Compile a
list of potential donors (individuals and businesses), send out letters, and
make personal, face to face contact with them. (Try to get personal
referrals and permission to name-drop.) "We're producing 'Abduction.' Our
opera company is special because .........We're asking you to make a
$5,000.00 donation which will (eg) pay for the orchestra. ."

Good luck,
Kate Leff