Vocalist.org archive

From:  <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Jan 2, 2002  1:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] not-too-difficult soprano solo

Merry wrote:
<< There is a woman in my church choir with a nice light soprano voice with some
training who would like to sing a solo. what suggestions do you all have for
something not hard to learn and appropriate for Epiphany? >>

I can't say what's appropriate for Epiphany per se, as I'm no expert on liturgy.
However, I recommend that if you have the book available, you look in the
collected songs of John Jacob Niles for high voice. I am a light soprano and did
very well with one of his songs last Sunday (Sweet Little Boy Jesus). There are
about 5 "Jesus" songs in the collection, and I'd say all except "Carol of the
Bells" are easy to learn on short notice.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com