Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Mon Dec 31, 2001  6:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Expanding rib cages

In my previous post I gave instructions for a lesson designed to help
improve one's breathing. One of the instructions was to count from
one to ten. In case it wasn't clear, the counting is to be done OUT
LOUD. It may be done quietly, even in a whisper, but in any case out
loud, not just thought.

Also note that the instructions ask that you do not attempt to
control your breathing. The idea behind the lesson is to increase the
lenghth of the exhalation which will affect the quality of the
inhalation, but the INTENDED ACTION of the person doing the lesson is
simply to count out loud.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

emusic.com