Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  nicktenor@a...
nicktenor@a...
Date:  Fri Dec 28, 2001  6:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Am I a tenor or a bass-baritone?

Hi Jose,

In a message dated 12/28/01 06:55:26 GMT Standard Time, josegerardo@i...
writes:

<< Do you really believe there is an absolute relationship between spoken
and singing voices as I outlined above? Are there any exceptions to this
rule? >>

Within reason, I'm sure it's the case. However, the idea that a certain voice
type will have a certain speaking voice pitch is largely codswallop, I feel.

I personally have a moderately high speaking voice (not that high!!!), and a
friend of mine who was a tenor (he's now retired) had a very low speaking
voice. I don't think you can necessarily gain anything, and I certainly don't
believe one can diagnose one's suitability for a certain voice type just by
speaking voice!

Best wishes to all,

Nick
DEFINATELY a tenor!