Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
"arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Thu Dec 27, 2001  1:36 pm
Subject:  Re: Three schools in London

A friend of mine auditioned for the three last year and wasn't
accepted by any of them basically because she has no
theory/history/counterpoint etc background in music. She then
auditioned for the Scottish Academy of Music where she is loving it.
They have excellent opera/vocal courses and it's much cheaper to live
in Scotland than London.

Just telling you this so that if she doesn't make it she can try out
for the Glasgow Academy!!!! I auditioned for the three about 10
years ago as a pianist. They are very competitive. My favourite was
the Royal College. A friend went to the Royal Academy but didn't
like it at all and eventually re-auditioned and got into the Royal
College where she found the teaching of a much higher standard!

So, my advice is consider the Scottish Academy as well from the point
of view of the courses it offers and the fact that it is so much
cheaper in Scotland!!!!!

Kirsty

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
16038 Re: Three schools in London Karen Mercedes   Thu  12/27/2001   3 KB

emusic.com