Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Mon Dec 24, 2001  11:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] To Ian

Terry Mitchell wrote:

>Ian - what is an Ozone swimming pool? I live in the US and have never heard
>of this.

Hi Nancy,

Having recently retired from being a lifeguard for the city of
Vancouver, let me try and answer your question! Ozone is a highly
reactive form of oxygen that is bubbled through the pool water in a
special contraption called an ozonater! It is at this point that the
ozone is supposed to neutralize any biological material that it comes in
contact with (germs etc. (and I won't go in to what the etcetera could
be because it's too disgusting)). Because the ozone only works at the
point of introduction, a very small amount of chlorine is kept in the
pool water to reduce the amount of introduced biological material before
it gets to the ozonater. Chlorine is used as a disinfectant in pools
because it is cheap and effective. It is also *extremely* dangerous.
If I had my choice, I would swim in a salt water or ozonated pool.

Cheers, and happy holidays to you all however (and whatever) you celebrate!
Craig, Burnaby BC

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16028 Re: To IanIan Belsey   Wed  12/26/2001

emusic.com