Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "originalsinky" <originalsinky@y...>
"originalsinky" <originalsinky@y...>
Date:  Wed Dec 19, 2001  4:02 pm
Subject:  Question for SLS teachers

I have just bought the Seth Riggs book on speech level singing. There
are no SLS tutors in England to my knowledge, so if there are any
teachers out there maybe they can help me.
I can do the tongue trill exercise, occasionally I can access my
connected head voice, usually I break, but I imagine is normal.
Unfortunately the lip bubble exercise is physically impossible, as
when in a relaxed state my lips are not together (about a quarter
inch apart), probably because I have an overbite. No amount of
manipulation of my cheeks can join them together without using my
lips actively, which goes against the whole idea of the exercise! So
if anyone has a similar exercise I can do I would be very grateful as
I do not want to put too much emphasis on the tongue trill. At this
early stage I need to keep my outer throat muscles "off balance" as
it were.
I don't really want any vowel type exercises as I have only just
started this course, and for once in my life I aim to do everything
in the correct order, without jumping ahead of myself!
Thanks

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
16003 Re: Question for SLS teachers buzzcen@a...   Thu  12/20/2001   2 KB
16884 Question for SLS teachers deliamayit   Fri  1/25/2002   4 KB
17054 Re: Question for SLS teachers deliamayit   Tue  1/29/2002   5 KB
17055 Re: Question for SLS teachers Joe Gargano   Tue  1/29/2002   6 KB
17058 Re: Question for SLS teachers deliamayit   Tue  1/29/2002   2 KB
17062 Re: Question for SLS teachers Joe Gargano   Tue  1/29/2002   3 KB

emusic.com