Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Wed Dec 19, 2001  9:06 pm
Subject:  Re: Help! I can't *find* my voice

arado_ge@y... wrote:
<<Has anyone else ever had this experience?>>

All the time! I'm one of those people who grew up with the idea that
controling things is good and that any problem can be solved if I just
set my mind to it. For the last two years my teacher has been trying
to break me of that habit. I'm making progress, but it can be
tremendously frustrating because I have absolutely nothing to hold on
to when I sing, and trusting in my technique does not come easily.

On a slightly humorous note -- I think my teacher purposely builds in a
lesson every two months or so which is designed to get me lost!
Whenever I start to think/feel that I've figured out a bit of technique
he manages to completely lose me in a lesson. I think it's on purpose
since I'm probably trying to control what I've learned, but it's become
rather comical to leave my lesson with this sense of complete and utter
befuddlement.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Ingo

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com