Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Tue Dec 18, 2001  10:33 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] ack! help!make me feel better!

Hi Molly,

Well, sorry for you that you didn't do as well as
expected, but I say never mind at all! In my opinion
(for what it's worth) that's a load of old nonsense
anyway!!! Seriously though, if it's the stage you want
to concentrate on (imagine me saying this in my best
hammy Olivier voice) then voice, voice, voice is what
you need in abundance, and complete dedication to
same.

I've got hundreds of collegues who flunked their
theory or history exams, whatever, and are still
appearing at the major opera houses in the UK and
Europe, including the Royal Opera House, so you see,
it can be done!

And as for colleges generally, all they seem to do is
hinder nearly every singer that steps past their
so-called hallowed portals!! That remark not to be
taken too seriously, just my experience you
understand!!

Try not to worry too much. You sound like you're doing
admirable things, and in true English fashion, just
give them all the big V's!!

Take care, and hope it all turns out well.

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars (and college hater!)