Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
Date:  Tue Dec 18, 2001  6:31 am
Subject:  ack! help!make me feel better!

Yes it is me again, a panick-y soprano.

Here is what is up.
Grades were just posted for an upper-level theory class of mine.
I bombed the first test, but got C- on three others, as well as a B- on a
project. I guess I bombed the final which was RIDICULOUSLY hard....but
STILL..I expected a C- as my final grade. Didn't work that way. Was a D.
Naturally, I emailed the Prof. asking to clarify, and hopefully he replies
soon.....

anyway. Worst case scenario: in some odd way he can justify this grade, and
it stays .....sigh....
I am trying so hard to get into a grad school right now.
I get A's in voice, choir, opera....and I nailed my recitals and have the
most flattering yet honest recommendations written about me by three faculty
members. I have a decent resume for an undergrad student.....which includes
not only opera roles but opera promotion, stage direction, and position as
secretary of an opera guild as well. I am confident that I can nail each
audition as well. Not to mention that the transcripts were already sent
in.....ppppplease tell me all this is the stuff that really matters. I want
to be in a good program like you would not believe!

Can anyone let me know if people in similar situations were ok?

*deep breath*

OK, I feel somewhat better letting this out and knowing I will get replies
from you great people.....

Molly

15957 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!Fiona Chow   Tue  12/18/2001
15962 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!Ian Belsey   Tue  12/18/2001
15966 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!Molly McLinden   Tue  12/18/2001
15972 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!stjames   Tue  12/18/2001
15986 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!Jennifer Sherley   Wed  12/19/2001
15988 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!arado_ge   Wed  12/19/2001
15990 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!Mezzoid@a...   Wed  12/19/2001
15994 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!arado_ge   Wed  12/19/2001
15992 Re: ack! help!make me feel better!Greypins@a...   Wed  12/19/2001

emusic.com