Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Jennifer Sherley <voiceslp@y...>
Jennifer Sherley <voiceslp@y...>
Date:  Sun Dec 16, 2001  2:00 am
Subject:  Isn't singing grand?

Hello vocalisters,
I'm preparing for end-of-the-semester final exams
(even on Saturday night!) and it causes me to reflect
on what an interesting 3 months this has been with
regard to voice and singing. (Well, really, any
excuse to look up from the books or to stop typing
this paper or that!) It's even brought me out of
lurkdom for the moment. :) I've learned so much in my
two voice classes (voice disorders and voice science),
but, much more importantly, my voice lessons have been
terrific! I've really managed to build up some muscle
this semester (or muscular coordination). The scale
is much more even than at my first lesson in
September, and I'm singing nice long phrases rather
than throwing in unmusical catch-breaths everywhere.
Finally!! I didn't realize then just how out-of-shape
my voice was.

This very evening I trucked over to the music building
to put in a bit more time in the practice room (some
of you will notice more study avoidance techniques at
work here) and enjoyed myself fully. I'm re-starting
good old "Rejoice" from Messiah; I tried it a few
years ago, but I wasn't ready. I think it may work
this time. :)

Back to the books!
Jennifer

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15933 Re: Isn't singing grand? Terry Mitchell   Mon  12/17/2001   2 KB

emusic.com