Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Mon Dec 10, 2001  8:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: head voice and vibrato

You need good basic techical instruction to begin, working on
BREATHING, BREATHING, BREATHING, first ( including coordinated onset,
which was so aptly described by Lloyd in a previous post), and then
learning to access your upper register (sort of going where you've
never gone before!)
The Szymanski Studio - "encouraging excellence in the vocal arts"

Well Sharon, I am really sort of wondering if my teacher is correct about me
having trouble with my head tone, I spoke on the phone with someone from this
list on Saturday, and well...that person insisted that I had great head tone.
So go figure...I think I might need a sample lesson from someone else...perhaps
a mezzo or a contralto. I have been thinking that by dark tone is giving my
teacher the wrong signals...

I have done all the ghostie, siren like exercises there are. I really do
work on this quite a bit...at very least every day for an hour.

Wouldn't it be funny if I had great head tone and my teacher didn't recognize
it? My teacher wants that shrill sound...she says she wants to hear a child
like voice...so those are my clues that maybe she isn't actually hearing my
head tone. She is looking for something that won't ever be there...because I
don't have a shrill sound.

Lea Ann

emusic.com