Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Monica Perdue" <Bravissimadiva@h...>
"Monica Perdue" <Bravissimadiva@h...>
Date:  Sun Dec 9, 2001  4:54 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] chicago area listers...

Molly...
Diva...what are you saying? You must stop downing yourself like that...one
singer to another you are usually your own worst critic! Pardon my french
but to hell with the competition, you just go in there and give 110%. You
give the best possible performance that you can. They're not expecting you
to be the Next Leontyne Price , or Bridgit Nilson. There will never be
another, Just be you! That's all we can ever hope to do. Know that come
what may you are still a performer, this audition will not alter that. If
it helps any, I will share a vital audition tactic with you, don't think of
it as an audition think of it as a showcase, an exhibition of your talents.
42% of audition jitters is mental the other is attitude, don't go in seeking
approval. Be confident and know you are good! Any school who doesn't have
you..Well that's simply their loss.
Good luck, God Bless, and Let us know when you get the exceptance letter!
Love and Happiness,
Monica

>From: "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
>From: "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
>To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [vocalist] chicago area listers...
>Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 19:44:10 -0600
>

>Thank you, Monica!
>
>this is for the A.J. Fletcher Opera Institute, part of the NC School of the
>Arts. I haven't a PRAYER! They are taking maybe 12 people!!!!
>*shrug*
>
>Molly
>

> >From: "Monica Perdue" <Bravissimadiva@h...>
> >From: "Monica Perdue" <Bravissimadiva@h...>
> >To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [vocalist] chicago area listers...
> >Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 18:20:10 -0600
> >
> >Hi Molly,
> >Performers Music is 410 South Michigan...right down the Street from
> >Roosevelt University and in the same building as the fine arts Theatre.
> >What's the audition for?
> >Love and Happiness,
> >Monica
> >

> > >From: "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
> > >From: "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
> > >To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
> > >Subject: [vocalist] chicago area listers...
> > >Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 14:38:33 -0600
> > >

> > >Hi list,
> > >
> > >ok, my auditon on monday is at Performer's Music in the Fine Arts
> >building
> > >on Michigan Ave.Anyone know the address by chance?
> > >Thanks a lot all!
> > >
> > >*deep breath..deep breath...*
> > >
> > >Molly

15850 One small step for mezzo... Vicki Bryant   Sun  12/9/2001   2 KB
15854 Re: One small step for mezzo... Karen Mercedes   Sun  12/9/2001   3 KB

emusic.com