Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sat Dec 8, 2001  12:08 am
Subject:  Head tone and Vibrato response to Randy

Randy suggested:
Don't worry about lifting the soft palate, if you get the larynx
at a neutral speech level or slightly lower it should stay up eliminating the
shrillness and nasality.

Randy how do you do this?

Randy said:
When you say throat vibrato, does that
mean it's fast in nature? Some individuals have faster rates, your teacher
may be prejudiced against a faster rate, your attempts to slow it down may
just impede it from happening at all resulting in straight tone.

Well no...it's not fast in nature...it really doesn't exist...aside from a
vibrato I can produce in the throat..and that vibrato isn't fast...I have no
idea really how to produce a vibrato..I have tried controling the breath to a
point that almost no air is escaping when I sing a note. I have tried singing
with very little breath very very slowly dragging each word out..and this
produces something sort of like a near vibrato...but if I puch any more breath
into it it's gone.

Lea Ann

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
15817 Re: Head tone and Vibrato response to Randybuzzcen@a...   Sat  12/8/2001
15821 Re: Head tone and Vibrato response to RandyLea Ann   Sat  12/8/2001
15828 Re: Head tone and Vibrato response to Randyleskayc@a...   Sat  12/8/2001
15830 Re: Head tone and Vibrato response to Randybuzzcen@a...   Sat  12/8/2001

emusic.com