Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Thu Dec 6, 2001  10:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Competition art song

Thursday, December 06, 2001, 1:06:11 PM, Karen wrote:

KM> The only other possibility I thought of was Tchaikovsky's "None but the
KM> lonely heart", but frankly I think it will take me too long to get the
KM> Russian diction together compared with the four lines of Danish I need for
KM> the one-verse Grieg song.

KM> Thoughts?

When I auditioned for graduate school, I used a Danish piece by
Neilsen and got very complimentary feedback from the auditors. I'd
say if the Grieg is already in your repertoire, use it! There's a
wealth of Scandinavian literature out there that's far too
underrepresented, in my opinion.

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL

emusic.com