Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  elisabethkisselstein@h...
elisabethkisselstein@h...
Date:  Tue Dec 4, 2001  10:19 pm
Subject:  MED: back from the doctor's

Woke up this morning feeling like I had strep. I'm now on 3
different medications. When I did research on the National
Center for Voice and Speech web site, the Ceftin had the usual
warnings about abuse of antibiotics, and the two others, Zyrtec-D
and Nasonex (the dr. gave me the Zyrtec until the spray kicks in,
3 days from now, from what he said). The site said for the side
effects on both:

>>Throat irritation and dryness, cough, hoarseness and voice
>>changes are all possible adverse reactions. Rarely, oral or
>>nasal candidiasis may occur.

I've read this before, but now that my career is beginning to
expand (3 performances this weekend alone - fortunately two are
more or less the same program), what do they mean by voice
changes? A drop in pitch? Change of tone color?Temporary?
Permanent? Does anyone have experience with all three meds
at the same time? I plan on hydrating up the wazoo, of course.
Thanks in advance.

Lisa
elisabethkisselstein@h...
elisabethkisselstein@h...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15782 Re: MED: back from the doctor's John Messmer, M.D.   Thu  12/6/2001   4 KB
15784 Re: MED: back from the doctor's Terry Mitchell   Thu  12/6/2001   3 KB

emusic.com