Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Wed Dec 5, 2001  9:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Signs of a good voice teacher

In a message dated 12/5/2001 2:22:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ihateegroups@y... writes:
ihateegroups@y... writes:

> After all, if it is to be your profession, it'd be good to know something
> about it! And this way, if someone who makes hiring decisions asks if you
> can
> sing a certain role, you should be able to answer because you'll know what

Also, I'm finding that the best hiring strategy (for starting a career) is to
absolutely niche yourself very specifically, singing rep and going to
auditions where you are unquestionably the best person for the job. In order
to do this, you must familiarize yourself with the repertoire and with your
own propensities, and match them up.
TinaO

emusic.com