Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
Date:  Wed Dec 5, 2001  8:07 pm
Subject:  Boston U + Taped Auditions

Hi all,

yes, I am convinced I am getting an ulcer do to my 8,000 auditions I have
planned for this year..ack! they all seem to conflict with SOMETHING, if not
each other!
Well, here is my dilemma:
a week before my double-cast production of Cosi opens in Feb,
the Bel Canto auditions are going on, and the day after that..auditions for
Boston U's Opera Institute.
I am terrified my opera director will kill me if I even suggest missing both
days for these events. One day is likely not a problem, as one cast will be
utlized and mine will not. I just wish I could take care of both auditions
that weekend! I could win money at Bel canto (maybe) and Boston U is free
plus stipend if they accept me as a student there!
OY! So, I could pick one or the other..I don't know....
I AM going to talk to my very busy teacher today (or at least try).
Here is what I want to know from all of you:
which would YOU try?
Not only that- anyone know anything about Boston U's Opera Institute?
Another option I have is a videotape audition, but that terrifies me.
Supposedly people that send in either audio or video recordings to ANY
school or contest almost never succeed.....thoughts?

Thanks as usual, all

Molly

15757 Re: Boston U + Taped AuditionsDeal Diva Laura   Wed  12/5/2001

emusic.com