Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Sandra" <sandra@b...>
"Sandra" <sandra@b...>
Date:  Wed Dec 5, 2001  10:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] mike's imagery...?

> sandra> i feel that 'beach ball' thing below my collar bone. so, i
see that
> sensation as being seperated from my larynx. if you are feeling the
> sensations of both as happening in the same place, you are probably taking
in
> a 'higher' breath than i.
Hi Mike-
Sigh. My sensation is pretty much laryngeal (above the collar bone.) Just
when I thought I was relating. To quote Homer S. "dote!". Actually, I also
breath fairly low, thanks to years of yoga.

But I do appreciate your non-technical description of sub-glottal pressure.
So now I'm mulling over whether/how the sensation I am describing is
affecting my subglottal pressure. Whatever I am doing certainly does result
in increased ease of production and increased coloratura ability.

> << (As my mother would say, "I buy you books and
> buy you books, and all you do is eat the covers...) >>
>
> that's great. i wish i'd said that (i probably will).
Glad you liked the quote. It's been one of my favorite over the years, and I
have used it often. Thanks, mom. Word of warning if you adopt it as your
own-it's usually greeted by blank stares. For some reason, people just
don't get it. (Actually, I think you make 3 people total, including
myself.) What is the cyber equivalent of a blank stare?

peace,
Sandra

emusic.com