Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri May 12, 2000  11:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Jealousy

>From: "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
>It is though extremely painful for me to be reminded of the successful time
>in my life. I feel as though I wasted too much time, that I failed, that I
>let down the people who believed in me. And I get SO JEALOUS of young
>singers, I can just taste the bile in my mouth about it. I hate this. I
>don't want to feel this way and I am never quite sure what to do with these
>feelings.
>
>Does anyone else have these feelings? Or am I just a miserable, selfish
>person?
>
>Lisa-Marie

I had those feelings, and at the very same age. Now, **** years later, I'm
looking forward to playing a *major* role in "Candide," God help me.

Is there any chance you can get some counseling, or even proper therapy?
Here's why I ask:

I've lost a lot of years where I was told everything from "stop beating
yourself up" to "you need a major attitude adjustment." Then, by virtue of
my "real job," I fell into health-care nirvana (a well-run HMO), and was
finally diagnosed with a life-long case of mild depression.

Thanks to love, a good teacher and little green pills, I'm now getting lots
of stage time, AND I'm better able to deal with all the little disturbances
on and off stage than I would have been had I started acting right out of
college. I feel as if I'm having my 20's now, when I can appreciate them.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I don't think of myself as a canary. I am a big, bad-a** mockingbird.