Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Dec 5, 2001  4:56 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] mike's imagery...?

sandra,

i'm not sure how to answer your question about whether or not what you
have been working on with your larynx is the same thing as i'm thinking of
except to say, if you have sub-glottal pressure and you can keep that
pressure from pushing against the glottis (and that is what i would describe
as the 'pushing the beachball underwater' sensation) then it would probably
easier for you to stabilize your larynx rather than having to shove it down
with the back of your tongue.

i feel that 'beach ball' thing below my collar bone. so, i see that
sensation as being seperated from my larynx. if you are feeling the
sensations of both as happening in the same place, you are probably taking in
a 'higher' breath than i.

<< (As my mother would say, "I buy you books and
buy you books, and all you do is eat the covers...) >>

that's great. i wish i'd said that (i probably will).

mike

emusic.com