Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Tia Pickeral <brightmans@y...>
Date:  Tue Dec 4, 2001  11:54 pm
Subject:  Signs of a good voice teacher

Dear Vocalists:
I think what I'm looking for is someone who truly
is interested in getting me where I want to go. I
promise to explain! My goal is to have a career as a
working opera professional. I want to go on
auditions,opera workshops, etc. eventually having the
opportunity to sing professionally on a regular basis.
My problem is I don't have any music training in
theory or piano. I just have a burning desire to go
and sing my heart out.I've spent two years just
working on my voice, which I don't feel was a waste of
time at all. I'm thinking about changing teachers
because we've seem to have hit a philosophical
impasse. I attend a university by day( not as a music
student) and take one private lesson a week. My
teacher seems to understand what I want to accomplish,
but the guidance just doesn't seem to be there. I'm
not asking for something written in stone, but it
seems like there are no concrete goals, just things
like trying to get the voice ready to do auditions or
finding material. I don't disagree about taking time
to really develop the voice, but I'd like to have some
idea about what I could be doing outside of the
private lesson to aid my learning. I have mentioned my
concerns to the teacher, but I sense a lack of
enthusiasm about working vigorously to get me to the
place, I'd like to be.
Therefore, I think its time for me to look into
finding someone more conducive to my vision. Thank you
for your help.

Tia

15744 Re: Signs of a good voice teacherSuki Jantzen   Wed  12/5/2001
15745 Re: Signs of a good voice teachersopran@a...   Wed  12/5/2001
15746 Re: Signs of a good voice teacherNaomi Gurt Lind   Wed  12/5/2001
15755 Re: Signs of a good voice teacherJennifer   Wed  12/5/2001
15747 Re: Signs of a good voice teacherSuki Jantzen   Wed  12/5/2001
15750 Re: Signs of a good voice teachermichael.chesebro   Wed  12/5/2001
15758 Re: Signs of a good voice teacherDeal Diva Laura   Wed  12/5/2001
15754 Re: Signs of a good voice teacherODivaTina@a...   Wed  12/5/2001
15764 Re: Signs of a good voice teacherImthurn Melinda   Wed  12/5/2001

emusic.com