Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Mon Dec 3, 2001  6:00 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Aspects of love

Hi Jennifer,
How exciting! Sounds like a fun project.

If something 20th century appeals to you (and it always appeals to me)
there's a truly wonderful set of songs by John Harbison called the Mirabai
Songs which deals with the love of the Mirabai for Krishna. It's got some
beautiful poetic imagery ("I have some light. I want to mingle it with
yours"). However, you need a very, very good pianist, and the rhythms are
not terribly easy for the singer. I personally think it's wonderful music
though. Well worth the time and effort they require. I believe there are
about 6 songs in the cycle. If you're interested I can go take a look at
the music to give you more precise details.

Also, I'll contact my mom to see if she has a copy of a program she did many
years ago for her Masters called "Faces of Love". I'm sure there'll be a
number of appropriate choices in there.

Laura

emusic.com