Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Fri Nov 30, 2001  5:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Female voice changes and surgery

In a message dated 11/30/01 10:57:26 AM Central Standard Time, toda@m...
writes:

> I know a woman's whose voice lowered considerably after several
> surgeries with general anesthesia. I don't mean to state her
> experience as proof of anything, but would be interested to hear if
> anyone with medical expertise could speak to this phenomenon if it
> actually exists.

Could this be from damage to the cords caused by the ET tube used in
anesthesia? My Dad has offered to pay for me to have a blepharoplasty
(plastic surgery, an eye job, he feels like the droopy eyelid gene came from
him and that he should pay for it) but I am dragging my feet. The surgeon
likes to do them under general anesthesia but I don't really want to be
intubated unless it is an emergency. Hmmmmmm.

Leslie

emusic.com