Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  peggyh@i...
peggyh@i...
Date:  Fri Nov 30, 2001  2:36 pm
Subject:  My Upcoming Debut with Orchestra!

Dear Vocalisters:

Wish me luck. This Sunday evening, I make my debut singing in front of an
orchestra.

The chorus I sing in, NOVA Community Chorus, at the Alexandria Campus of
Northern Virginia Community College, is performing the Vivaldi Gloria with the
Mount Vernon Orchestra at the fabulous new concert hal on campus, the Rachel M.
Schlesinger Center for the Performing Arts*.

I'll be singing 1st soprano in the duet, Laudamus te.

For those who might want to come, the concert is at 7:00 pm, Sunday, December
2. Tickets are $20 at the door, but if you're in the area, contact me at
peggyh@i... and I can get you tickets for $10. Or if you have a NVCC
peggyh@i... and I can get you tickets for $10. Or if you have a NVCC
student, staff or faculty ID, you can get in for free.

I'll also be singing the same program with Mt. Vernon Orchestra at a different
location (Carl Sandburg Junior High School near Fort Hunt) on Sunday, December
9, but I don't care for the hall. And we'll be also be performing the entire
work this Saturday night, December 1, at a free holiday chorus/band concert at
the Schlesinger Center with piano accompaniment. (We also get to sing the
Hallelujah Chorus with the band, transposed down a whole step to C Major!)

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15604 Re: My Upcoming Debut with Orchestra! Suki Jantzen   Fri  11/30/2001   3 KB

emusic.com