Vocalist.org archive

From:  Bob Kravitz <bobkravitz@e...>
Date:  Fri May 12, 2000  7:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] And the music keeps going round, and round...

When I learn a Show......For weeks the show goes around in my head........Then
after
the first performence it seems to settle down and I can get on with other
things........What happens is my mind is just a continueous swirl of
memorizing. It
keeps going untill I can do my show without having to think about it.......My
teachers
always said, I f you can sing the songs while thinking of other things you will
do
well.....I thought he was crazy, but as the years went on and you know your
shows, it
becomes a habit.You do not want to make it such a habit that it becomes
boring.....I
learned to habitize my shows,but always something different pops up during any
new
performence to keep me on my toes.........I will tell you this, When I have not
done a
role in a while, such as Tevye, All I have to do is review it twice and It pops
back
into my head and with a feww rehersals it's as if I never left the
LOVE IT

Bobby,Philly