Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Nov 29, 2001  8:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Simple Duet for Baritone and Contralto

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 Greypins@a... wrote:

> << Could someone recommend a fairly simple - romantic or comic - duet that
> would be fun for a spring concert? >>
>
> 'they were you' from 'the fantastiks'

Also "Soon it's gonna rain" from the same show.

Also consider "Shalom" and "As simple as that" from Jerry Herman's MILK
AND HONEY.

Others:

"They say it's wonderful", from ANNIE GET YOUR GUN (and
"Anything you can do, I can do better" of course)

"The colors of my life" and "I like your style" from BARNUM

"Me and My Girl" and "Thinking of No-one but Me" from ME AND MY GIRL

"A Little Fall of Rain" from LES MISERABLES

"I'd do anything" from OLIVER

"There never was a time" from THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL

"Small Talk" and "There Once was a Man" from THE PAJAMA GAME

"Hate me, please" from ROBERT AND ELIZABETH

"There Grew a Little Flower" from G&S's RUDDIGORE

"Yours, yours, yours" from 1776

"Why do I love you?" from SHOW BOAT

"Small titles and orders" from G&S's THE GONDOLIERS

"From every kind of man obedience I expect" and "There is a beauty in the
bellow of the blast" from G&S's MIKADO

"So go to him and say to him" from G&S's PATIENCE

"Welcome joy, adieu to sadness" from G&S's THE SORCERER

"Rapture, rapture!" from G&S's YEOMEN OF THE GUARD

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
Verdi and Wagner delighted the crowds
With their highly original sound.
The pianos they played are still working,
But they're both six feet underground.
- Michael Palin

emusic.com