Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Daniel Presgrave <dpresgra@r...>
Daniel Presgrave <dpresgra@r...>
Date:  Wed Nov 28, 2001  8:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Onset of sound

I had the same problem, and it turned out that after you correct your worst
tongue-related habit others show up. You just need to be patient there and
keep working on them.

If you can imagine the correct feeling but it does not help you should just
try something else, maybe it feels correct to you just because you are used
to that idea. I would try to think about three elemts: air flow, air flow and
air flow.

Maybe focusing on "below the throat " is giving you the chance to pull your
tongue back. Try to think forward instead: the breath freely leaving your
mouth.

I hope this helps you,

Daniel

uduncan@h... wrote:
uduncan@h... wrote:

> Basically, I try to take a relaxed breath, make sure that my tongue
> is out of my throat and then, I try to begin the sound below my
> throat...trying to feel the connection with my breath in my back;
> then, I then think of sound and I automatically press with my
> tongue... arrrggghhh! I guess what's most frustrating is that I can
> imagine the correct feeling but I can't seem to produce the correct
> feeling.

emusic.com