Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Tue Nov 27, 2001  2:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Caring for the voice

Tom wrote:

>Just wondering if you could give me some tips on caring for the
>voice. I am a physical therapist and do quite a bit of speaking
>during the day, which seems to fatigue my voice. does this mean I am
>speaking improperly?

Seems plausible to me, except that I would say that it indicates that
there is important room for improvement in your use of your voice.

> Or does lots of speech during the day affect
>the voice whether you are speaking properly or not? And could you
>give me some advice on keeping the voice in good shape during the day?

With so many troubles we don't notice the trouble until we're deep
into it. I would suggest that you pay more attention to your voice
throughout the day so that you can notice the onset of trouble, or
maybe even what happens before that. If you'll do that I suspect that
you will learn some interesting things about how you currently use
your voice and how you can improve your use.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

emusic.com