Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri May 12, 2000  2:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: music performance

In a message dated 05/11/2000 3:59:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
jennibri@i... writes:

<< One option would be for her to market herself as available for wedding
gigs.
It's not the Met, but it pays the bills.

Hey, when I moved to town, I sent my name and card to funeral homes and told
them that I was available during the day for funeral services, either at a
church or in their chapel. I have one funeral director who uses me at least
once a month at $125/service. You have to have initiative. Plus I sing with
a wedding booking service ... this is what's called being a "working singer."

Chris

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com