Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Nov 23, 2001  7:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] funny words to Xmas carols, others..

Here's one I just devised, while playing the Mother in Bay Shore Lyric
Opera's "Hansel and Gretel" for the third time:

Every night I go to sleep,
One big cat keeps watch over me.
First he licks my right hand,
Then he licks my left hand,
Then he chases both my feet,
Gets my big toe in his teeth!
Then he walks upon my chest,
Leaves his footprints on my breast,
I shove him off so I can breathe,
And then we purr and go to sleep.....

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

>From: Cyndee Szymkowicz <cyndeesings@y...>
>>
>Going further astray, I LOVE parodies to opera
>melodies. From Karen Bureau, I learned a few that the
>Walkueries sang while rehearsing in Seattle: to the
>tune of Ride of the Valkyries:
>
>"We ride through the wild skies
>Picking up dead guys
>Showing our fat thighs,
>Ho-jo-to-ho"
>
>Also, to the tune of "My Boyfriend's Back":
>Well, Wotan's back, and there's going to be trouble,
>Hey lah, hey lah, Wotan's back.
>
>Helen Bickers, a FABULOUS soprano working in Germany
>has a very quick wit, and pops out with hysterical
>lines to music at the drop of a hat. I not only can't
>think that fast, I can't even remember the ones I
>hear! Does anyone have any other good ones to share?

15485 Re: funny words to Xmas carols, others..Deal Diva Laura   Fri  11/23/2001

emusic.com