Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Tue Nov 20, 2001  9:54 pm
Subject:  Re: Karaoke-style accompaniments...sort of?

Hi Laura,

try a search on Music Minus One,http://www.musicminusone.com/, they
sell sheetmusic/cd's.

It seems to me that every self-respecting music publisher has
accompaniment cd's these days. Some just piano, others hire full
orchestras for their cd's. On the whole, It's not bad! (The two things
that went wrong were the key of "che faro senze euridice" end the
tempo of "o, zittre nicht". The rest are all ok, so far)

There's also a series of cd-only called 'cantolopera', I have no idea
if it's available in the states.

Good luck!
(I love these cd's!!!)
Nande

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Deal Diva Laura" < --- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Deal Diva Laura" < > Hi there,
> My husbands work is having a holiday party that they want me to sing
at.
> They're allready having a Karaoke machine for entertainment and
there's no
> piano available - not even an upright - so I can't drag my dad down
there to
> play for me. I know that there used to be some CDs that could be
purchased
> with orchestral accompaniments to popular arias on them, but I
haven't been
> able to find them online anywhere. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Any
> ideas where I might look?
>
> I'd very much appreciate it. I think primarily I'd be looking for
> accompaniment to either "Ah forse lui...sempre libera" or "Je suis
> Titania" - or something along those lines (yes, I know those are
different
> fachs really, but they both are still very showy and have lovely
little high
> e-flats at the end).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Laura