Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu May 11, 2000  8:51 pm
Subject:  ANN: Blowing my own horn!!

I've just been cast in Chicago Opera Theater's Akhnaten (sp?) as Daughter
#4!! I had a really wonderful audition for them about 2 weeks ago - one of
the best auditions I've ever had, even though I screwed up on the freeway and
got there just as the audition was supposed to happen instead of the 45
minutes of leeway I had allotted myself (Warning: Don't use MapQuest.com!!).

On another note, I auditioned for Florentine Opera last night and didn't
prepare myself mentally or physically as well as I had for the COT audition,
even though I had much more time to prepare... I really followed the advice
in Shirlee Emmons' book for COT; I used my old haphazard habits for FO.
Also, FO is the first company that ever hired me and there is a certain level
of apprehension when I approach their auditions. It wasn't bad - I was very
connected to my text; but it wasn't as effortless vocally as the COT
audition... we'll see how that goes.

Things are going really well right now ... kinda makes me nervous.... :)

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1544 Re: ANN: Blowing my own horn!! Oberon603@a...   Thu  5/11/2000   2 KB
1550 Re: ANN: Blowing my own horn!! Mezzoid@a...   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB
1556 Venetian dialect tiikeri   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB
1562 Re: ANN: Blowing my own horn!! LMorgan923@a...   Fri  5/12/2000   2 KB

emusic.com