Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Nov 15, 2001  9:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: got the gig, now what do I sing?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Naomi Gurt Lind wrote:

> Lee Hoiby wrote a setting of the Statue of Liberty inscription. ("Give us
> your tired...") It's quite beautiful. For soprano but only goes up to an
> A. Maybe ok for mezzo. Definitely appropriate to the occasion.
>
> Great gig, Karena! Have fun!
> Naomi

There's a setting of the same text in Irvin Berlin's musical MISS LIBERTY.
Possibly more accessible than the Hoiby....

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

---
Hillaire Belloc's flawed but insightful essay on Islam:
http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY4.TXT

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsyl., 1759

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15375 Re: got the gig, now what do I sing? Deal Diva Laura   Fri  11/16/2001   3 KB
15378 Re: got the gig, now what do I sing? Imthurn Melinda   Fri  11/16/2001   3 KB

emusic.com