Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Shanna Hollich <Shadow123@r...>
Date:  Wed Nov 14, 2001  3:22 am
Subject:  *OT* Gum Wrapper Chain

Hello there.

Firstly, I realize this e-mail is a tad unorthodox,
but it is not meant to upset or annoy anyone. It is
clearly marked as an off-topic post in the subject
line.

Now, I am in the process of making a gum wrapper
chain. For those of you who don't know what that is,
it's a chain (obviously) made by taking the paper
sleeves in which most gums-in-stick-form are wrapped,
folding them in a certain way, and linking them
together. For those of you who have seen the movie 28
Days, it is what Sandra Bullock makes during one scene
while she is in rehab. It's just something I usually
do during school to pass the time during boring
classes.

Alas, I don't chew gum. I can't stand the stuff. So
far, though, my friends at school have been rather
forthcoming with their gum wrappers, and my chain is
currently about twelve and a half feet long. It's a
modicum of all sorts of different wrappers, brands,
and colors, and, if I may say so myself, looks quite
spiffy, :).

I'm not going for any sort of world record (in fact,
the world record is currently held by a gentleman in
Canada; you may see his website here: (I don't
think I could handle a gum wrapper chain that weighed
over 500 pounds)); I just want to see how long I can
get the darn thing.

This is where y'all come in. I tried only to send
this to mailing lists with a generally younger
demographic, as those are usually the people who chew
gum. However, if you have any gum-loving friends and
family whom you feel may be interested, please forward
this letter to them. However, please don't just
forward it to random people; I have no desire to have
my name and e-mail address floating around the
internet any more than it already is, and I don't want
this to become another stupid chain letter frenzy.
That is certainly not my intent.

So, if any of you have gum wrappers you would be
willing to donate to my cause (just the paper sleeves,
not the foil wrappers...and I'm afraid only the paper
sleeves from stick gum will work, no Trident,
Bubblicious, etc.), please send me an e-mail privately
and we'll see about you mailing them to me so that I
may add them to my chain. I will take absolutely any
brand and any color (even plain white)...the more
variety I get the better, :).

Thank you for putting up with my annoying off-topic
e-mail for the day, and now back to your regularly
scheduled programming.

=====
Shanna Hollich - Shadow123@p...
AOL IM: RHFoJO