Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
" Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Mon Nov 12, 2001  10:58 am
Subject:  Better performance with real musicians

> I thought I'd post my recent bits of good news :P I auditioned at
>Cantaria for the tenor solo in "Winter Light: A Solstice Koan" by
>Skirvin (it's written for a tenor solo and a choir of male voices),
>and I got the Solo :). It's a little bit of a self-esteem boost for
>me... and I've noticed that every time there is someone at the piano
>for me I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with my passaggio... but every
>time I sit down to study at the piano... QUACK, I tense up and no
>matter how hard I try to relax, I'm more clenched up than Scrooge
>McDuck's fingers around a penny.

Warren, (I hope that's your first name....

I am exactly the same. When I practise at home, I often get tense in my
passagio, but as soon as I'm performing with someone, or in public,
everything is much easier. I see it as a 'moment of clarity' when you
forget about the music and the technique, and just sing.

Mirko

emusic.com