Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 12, 2001  3:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What tenor type am I?

In a message dated 11/12/2001 8:31:15 AM Central Standard Time,
zdivina@g... writes:
zdivina@g... writes:

<< But, since you asked. Your German is atrocious! And, before you ask any
other advice from anybody, why not to study a bit longer than 9 months before
you advertise your inadequacies to the whole world?>>

Wow, that was harsh. Why did you feel it necessary to advertise his language
inadequacy to the whole world? It might have been a nice gesture to take
that to a private e-mail. Frankly, I couldn't get enough of a feel for the
German -- the An die musik wouldn't work on my PC and the Standchen was too
short (I was having computer problems last night). There are professional
singers out there with many more years of study who have atrocious German as
well.

<< And, really why should you care what gazillions of perfect strangers have
say about your singing? Why not to trust yourself and the people who know
you instead! You are not going to change just because someone said so on
Internet! Get off the line and go back to your teachers! >>

Oh, perhaps because he's read our comments about a variety of subjects and
some of us seem to be relatively knowledgeable and supportive? Isn't that
why we're all here and asking each other questions? Isn't that why people
lurk, to read what we have to say? If this list isn't for that precise
reason, then why does it exist at all? And why are you on it? I think
rampant negativity is one of the reasons the first Vocalist fell apart -
besides Marko's busy schedule, I think that he lost the interest in it when
it became full of nasty, negative people. I'd hate to see this happen again.

I think it is a beautiful voice and I am impressed by the work he has done in
a short period. I personally wasn't listening for language inadequacies, I
was listening to quality. And I like it.

I will think twice before I post my own sound clips, though, and I'm pretty
confident in my own abilities. I don't need that kind of negative energy.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>