Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "David" <dgrogan@e...>
"David" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Mon Nov 12, 2001  1:41 pm
Subject:  NATS Texoma Regional Contest...

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know how my bout with the competition world went.
After not doing any competition since 1989, I sang for the Texoma NATS
Singer of the Year contest. I made it through the finals, and managed to be
selected for second place. The other singers were outstanding, and I was
thrilled to be on the same stage with them.

I must admit, my nervousness reached a new level that I haven't experienced
in a long time. I have performed quite a bit, but somehow singing for a
panel of judges (and in front of NATS members!) was extremely disconcerting.
I really felt out of my element, and was quite happy with the results.

For those of you who are in Texas, who fit the age requirements, have a
teacher in NATS, or are a member themselves, let me encourage you to
participate in this contest. Next year, they are doubling the winning prize
to $1000. Second place will be $600, and third $400. More information can
be found on the Texoma NATS website.

Thank you for your encouragement!

David Grogan

emusic.com