Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Sun Nov 11, 2001  7:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What tenor type am I?

Well, may I say well done for Amor ti Vieta; one of
the hardest tenor arias to bring off successfully,
even though it's a short one!!

For the time being, I don't think you should consider
anything about what sort of 'type' you may be, just
let it go at the moment. I hear a hefty lyric perhaps,
but I'm not sure about anything more dramatico!!

It does sound a little (could be the recording?) that
you're gripping around the passagio which is giving it
a somewhat bottled effect tone-wise, which you could
be misinterpreting as a more robust sound than you
actually have by nature. Not an insult, just an
observation!! It sounds great for 24 years old!!

All the best,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!

Music Charts

emusic.com