Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Sun Nov 11, 2001  7:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] tongue tension

Cyndee wrote:

>A number of years ago, my dentist made one
>of those rubber gadgets that you wear over your teeth
>at night for TMJ, grinding, tension, etc. Although my
>teeth have changed too much for me to use that one
>anymore, and I haven't gotten around to budgeting for
>a new one (I seem to remember that it cost about
>$300), I remember that if I was really tense in the
>day, I would put the THING in for 15 min - 30 min, and
>would notice MUCH less tongue/throat tension, and even
>a little less stress!

I suspect that a perfect fit is not esential to getting most of the
benefit from this suggestion. Instead of having a dentist make a
device for a lot of money, it might be just as good to buy an
athlete's mouthguard. Here's one place to get them:
http://www.mouthguard.net/

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

emusic.com